An iron bit for a horse, with silver decoration. The decorative silver that flanks the curved iron curb is of a broken scrolled form that has been cold-chased with the design of a cornucopia and foliage.
Stamped "ABELAR" in raised, Roman letters, all within a shaped reserve, four times on the silver portions. The marks appear twice on each external side of the bit.
Collected in Buenos Aires, Argentina, by Mr. and Mrs. Edmund P. Graves between 1898 and 1913.
Gift of Miss Ellen Graves, Mrs. Samuel Cabot and Mrs. Roger Ernst in memory of their father and mother, Mr. and Mrs. Edmund P. Graves