Lower left: HOMER 1884
1884, painted for Arthur B. Homer, the artist's brother; about 1916, by inheritance to his son, Arthur P. Homer (d. 1940), West Townsend, Mass.;1922, consigned by Arthur P. Homer to Doll and Richards, Boston; 1923, sold by Doll and Richards to Helen Osborne (Mrs. James J.) Storrow (1864-1944), Lincoln, Mass.; 1944, by descent to her grandson, James J. Storrow. Jr. (1917-1984), New York; 1984, by inheritance to his wife, Linda Eder Storrow (1910-2001), New York; 1985, partial purchase and partial gift of Mrs. James J. Storrow, Jr. (Accession Date: September 17, 1986)
Henry H. and Zoë Oliver Sherman Fund and Mrs. James J. Storrow, Jr.