Aquamarine colored glass cane-bublous head and twisted stem, tapering to the tip. The tip is open.
The cane has descended in the Bowker and Gleason families. According to tradition, it was owned by Roswell Gleason of Dorchester (1822-1871), who had business ties with the glass companies in Sandwich, Mass. Purchased by the MFA in 1975 from a direct descendent of Roswell Gleason, Mrs. Frank C. Bowker.
Dorothy-Lee Jones Fund