Bead in the shape of a frog. Tubular enclosure on back face allows for suspension on a string. Left leg and edge of head broken away; fragments do not survive.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay