Cylindrical body, moulded bands at top & bottom, curved base. Flat moulded cover, turned finial, cusped purchase, scroll handle.
Engraved "This belongs to the Church in Brattle Street 1711" in foliated panel.
IN fleur-de-lis below inscription in shield.
About 1711, Brattle Street Church, Boston, which became the Church in Brattle Square; May 28, 1906, lent by the Church in Brattle Square, Boston to MFA; church dissolved by 1913; 1913, gift of the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches to the MFA. (Accession date: March 6, 1913)
Gift of the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches