Gold disk embossed with bilaterally symmetrical abstract representation of a spread-eagle human body. The head has been replaced by two bifurcated lines. Two suspension holes below the legs allow for attachment to clothing or suspension as a body adornment.
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay