Round lid or cover with loop handle at top, with buff/tan body with off-white glaze; blue band at lower end and with a central medallion decorated with a polychrome scene with white rabbit, yellow and green background,and the initials MRS.
Probably owned originally by Margaret Randolph Storrow (b. 1896), wife of James Jackson Storrow (b. 1892) and daughter-in-law of Helen (Mrs. James J.) Storrow, the founder and benefactor of the pottery. The service descended to James Jackson Storrow (b. 1917), and then to James Storrow; to MFA, 1999, gift of James Storrow.
Gift of the Storrow Family
American, about 1924
- Paul Revere Pottery of the Saturday Evening Girls club, active 1908–1942