The body of the creampot is elliptical with cylindrical neck and high-drawn spout. A cast hollow handle is curved above the rim. Stamped bands of gadrooned decoration are applied to overlap the rim and encircle the raised molded base.
"MP" engraved in large script letters on the side of the vessel to the right of the handle.
"L. Cary" in upper and lowercase Roman lettering stamped in a serrated banner on the bottom.
This creampot descended through the Porter/Tileston family to the donor. The pitcher descended to Mary and Thomas Tileston's daughter, Clara, perhaps when she married William Bryce in 1849. In turn, the Bryce's daughter, Mary Tileston Bryce (1859-1953) inherited the pitcher. She remained unmarried and bequeathed the creampot to her grandniece, Mary B. Comstock, the donor.1 Footnotes: 1 DAB 18, 541; Tileston, Mary W., Thomas Tileston 1793-1864, Privately Printed, ca.1975.
Gift of Mary B. Comstock