Ornamental covered jar of blown overlay glass, blue over opaque white over colorless; cut Gothic style decoration and gilded vermiculation. Tall hexagonal finial covered in gilding.
The jar was presented to Peleg Whitman Chandler (1816-1889) by Governor John A. Andrew (1818-1867); his son Horace Parker Chandler; his daughter Grace; by bequest to Emory W. Booker. Purchased from Booker's estate in the early 1980s by the glass dealers Wilmont M. Schwind and Arlene Palmer Schwind. Museum purchase from the Schwinds in 1983.
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. George S. Hebb
- Possibly by New England Glass Co., East Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1818–1888