The raised bowl tapers outward and gently inward to a rounded everted rim. Alternating open and closed crocuses are chased and repousséd onto the bowl. It has a splayed trumpet foot that was raised and applied to the bottom of the bowl.
“STERLING” struck on underside of bowl, above center point. “Stone” incised below center point, with profile of incuse chasing hammer stamped across St.
Early history unknown. According to family lore, it was received as a wedding present in 1905 by Mary Kennard Scott (1877 – 1960), who left it to her daughter Mary Adams Scott Evans (b. 1908) in 1959.
Gift of Mary Adams Scott Evans