Stamped "C. HARDY" (or parts thereof) at least fifteen times on back and interior of the drawers. Drawer blades and drawer backs marked in red pencil 1 through 4.
Presumably owned originally by a Portsmouth-area resident named C. Hardy, possibly Charles Hardy, a tailor with a house on Parker Lane and a shop at the corner of High and Ladd streets in the tax lists ca. 1807-20; later history unknown until acquired by the donors; given to the Museum in 1986 (Accession Date October 9, 1986)
Gift of Miss Aimée and Miss Rosamond Lamb