Mahogany, wool needlework. Cabriole legs, Dutch feet shaped top with grooves for counters and needlework in center. Hinged frame.
In the collection of Mrs. Henry St. John Smith by 1928 and lent by her October 15, 1928; returned to her December 11, 1929; relent by Mrs. Constance Wharton Smith, August 31, 1934, from whom it was purchased in 1949 with an anonymous contribution and Income of William E. Nickerson Fund No.2 in April 1949 for $1,200.
Museum purchase with funds donated anonymously and William E. Nickerson Fund
68.6 x 90.5 x 89.2 cm (27 x 35 5/8 x 35 1/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Mahogany, chestnut, eastern white pine, original needlework top