The circular box has tapering sides, with knots encircling its center, and a scroll hinge with crossed lines. The lid is boldly chased with a tripartite Celtic rope design covering the surface. The interior is gold washed.
“Stone,” with profile of incuse chasing hammer across St, and “STERLING / H [pellet]” struck on base, near edge.
Arthur and Elizabeth Bent Stone estate to their companion Annie E. Priest; by descent to Alma Bent, Stone’s cousin, from whom the Museum purchased the piece.
Helen and Alice Coburn Fund
Arts and crafts period, about 1905–12