Decorated with an overglaze blue crest of two birds and a gilded decoration at border.
Probably originally owned by Miss Chapeny, engaged to Oliver Fiske (mid-18th century); to Oliver's sister Sally Fiske m. Jonathan Day Dix of Hingham; to their grandson George Day Dix (b. 1835) of Newton; to Martha and Mary Dix of Newton; to Mrs. Frances Adelaide Barnes Dix; to her daughter Marion Frances Dix Whitten; 1979, to her daughter Nancy Hemenway Whitten Barton; 1992, gift of Nancy H.W. Barton to the MFA. (Accession date: June 24, 1992)
Gift of Nancy Hemenway Whitten Barton and Robert Durrie Barton in memory of Marion and Robinson Whitten