Egg-shaped coarse stone with slightly squared bowl cavity.
1962, excavated on the property of Marie Zimmermann (36-Pi-14), in the area of the proposed Tocks Island Reservoir between Matamoras and Dingman's Ferry, Pennsylvania and acquired by Lyman Vandermark (b. 1909 - d. 1978), Port Jervis, NY [see note]; sold by Vandermark's widow to Glenn Del Gaizo, Stockholm, NJ; 1993, sold by Glenn Del Gaizo to the MFA. (Accession Date: October 27, 1993) NOTE: This excavation, led by Lenape Chapter 12 of the Society for Pennsylvania Archaeology, is discussed by David J. Werner, "The Zimmermann Site: 36-Pi-14," in Archeology in the Upper Delaware Valley, by W. Fred Kinsey, III (Harrisburg, PA, 1972), pp. 55-130. Lyman Vandermark assisted at the site.
American Decorative Arts Curator's Fund
Native American (Lenape, Proto-Munsee), Prehistoric, about 1340