This raised inverted bell-shaped beaker rises from a small mold-drawn foot ring and flares outward at applied molded rim. Imperfections from the latter are evident inside rim. A center point is evident on the bottom.
Engraved "E:Brattle to Mr Holyokes Church." in script on wall of vessel.
Marked "IC" crowned, above a coney, all within a shield, once on side of vessel opposite inscription and once on bottom of beaker. Ada Mark * F3863 (base), * F3864 (reverse)
Given of Edward Brattle (1670 – 1719), Marblehead, to the Second Congregational Church in Marblehead, Massachusetts (later called the Unitarian Universalist Church in Marblehead); 1984, purchased by the MFA from the church. (Accession date: June 13, 1984)
Museum purchase with funds donated by a Friend of the Department and the Mary S. and Edward Jackson Holmes Fund