This raised inverted bell-shaped beaker rises from a small mold-drawn foot ring and flares outward at applied molded rim. Imperfections from the latter are evident inside rim. A center point is evident on the bottom.
Engraved "A Gift to Mr Holyoks Church / Marble=head / 1716" on body of vessel.
Twice marked "IC" crowned above a coney, all within a shield, above inscription and on bottom of beaker. Ada Mark * F3857 (body), * F3858 (base)
The Second Congregational Church in Marblehead, Massachusetts (later called the Unitarian Universalist Church in Marblehead); 1984, purchased by the MFA from the church. (Accession date: June 13, 1984)
Museum purchase with funds donated by a Friend of the Department and the Mary S. and Edward Jackson Holmes Fund