This raised inverted bell-shaped beaker rises from a small mold-drawn foot ring and flares outward at applied molded rim. Imperfections from the latter are evident inside rim. A center point is evident on the bottom.
Engraved "E:Brattle to Mr Holyokes Church." in script on wall of vessel.
"IC" crowned above a coney, all within a shield, struck twice, above inscription and on bottom. Ada Mark * F3866 (reverse), * F3867 (base)
Given of Edward Brattle (1670 – 1719), Marblehead, to the Second Congregational Church in Marblehead, Massachusetts (later called the Unitarian Universalist Church in Marblehead); 1984, purchased by the MFA from the church. (Accession date: June 13, 1984)
Museum purchase with funds donated by a Friend of the Department and the Mary S. and Edward Jackson Holmes Fund