This raised beaker has a bell-shaped form with a thick, applied rim and a splayed, stepped foot. Note to ed: run with 1973.23
Engraved in flowing script on body of beaker "This belongs to the / Church of Christ / in Newton / 1729." Note to editor: 1. leave [.] after 1729
Twice marked "T. A. DAVIS" in roman letters within a rectangle, on bottom of vessel above and below center point.
1973, gift of the First Church of Newton, Mass. to the MFA. The original donor is unnamed.
Gift of the First Church in Newton