Crescent-shaped plaque with engraved border. holes pierced near edge, and with engraved script. Cylindrical socket with molded edge from center of plaque engraved with design enclosing "1816." Back plate of brass.
"The Property of the Housewrights of the Town of Boston" and "1816"
Presumably made for and used by the Boston Society of Housewrights, about 1816; later history unknown until made an anonymous gift to the Museum on July 12, 1906.