Small paper label pasted inside rear seat rail reads "Brig. Ramsden / Oct. 4th 55" "33.8a / 55" painted on inside of PL rear leg, an old Temple Newsam House accession number.
Between 1878 and 1909, collected in Peru by James Guthrie Reid (b. 1855 - d. 1920) and taken to England by Reid and his wife, Clarisa Blanche Reid (d. 1933); given by Dame Clarisa Reid to Lady Margaret Ramsden, The Wheatleys, Gomersal, Yorkshire, England; 1955, donated by Lady Ramsden to Temple Newsam House (museum), Leeds, England; 2011, deaccessioned by Temple Newsam House and sold to the MFA. (Accession Date: September 21, 2011)
Henry H. and Zoe Oliver Sherman Fund