Banister-back chair with double-arched crest rail, five turned banisters, two similarly turned stiles, curved arms, a woven flag seat, and stretchers. Several layers of paint are beneath the present layer of black with gold striping; turned feet are lost.
By tradition, belonged to Isaac Parker (1802-1875), Master of the Monitor Masonic Lodge in Waltham, Massachusetts; he may have inherited it from one of his ancestors in Watertown. The chair was presented to the Lodge about 1880 by Lucy (1807-1894), Issac Parker's widow, and given by the Lodge to the Museum in 1973 (Accession Date December 12, 1973)
Gift of the Isaac Parker Lodge A. F. and A. M. Masonic Temple