Hammered sheet gold band curved to fit around the arm (or leg). Four perforations at the top and bottom edges of each end allow the cuff to be tied around the wrist (or ankle). Embossed double circle motifs flank one end of the band next to each of the perforations. One of a pair (see 1971.801).
Excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama, after 1930; by 1950 in a Private Collection, San José, Costa Rica; to Paul Pasher, New York, between 1950 and 1955 and kept with Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; brought to the United States, April 1970 and sold to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; to the MFA, December 1971, purchase.
Gift of Landon T. Clay