Dish with shallow depression and a wide rim with applied molding, bearing arms of the donor (Richard Skinner)
Inscribed in flowing script, in an engraved scrolled entablature, on the rim: "Doms Richardus Skinner, Ecclesiæ isti Jesu / Christi apud Marblehead, cujus nuper Diaconus / fuit Primarius, hoc Donum Testamentaium / Legavit Anno 1727"
"IHURD" in a shaped cartouche
1727, commissioned by the Second Congregational Society of Marblehead (now called the Unitarian Universalist Church of Marblehead); 2009, sold by the Church to the MFA. (Accession Date: September 16, 2009)
Museum purchase with funds donated anonymously and the Marion E. Davis Fund, Elizabeth Marie Paramino Fund in memory of John F. Paramino, Boston Sculptor, Seth K. Sweetser Fund, Jane Marsland and Judith A. Marsland Fund, Helen B. Sweeney Fund, Ernest Kahn Fund, Arthur Mason Knapp Fund and John Wheelock Elliot and John Morse Elliot Fund